Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to the limited warranty from play tech bonus Marketing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (“play tech bonus”) in respect of play tech bonus product (“Product”) purchased from an authorized dealer of play tech bonus in Malaysia (“Limited Warranty”).
- The Limited Warranty is valid only in Malaysia to the original purchaser (“Purchaser”) of the Product and is not assignable or transferable.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Limited Warranty is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase ("Warranty Period") and only valid in Malaysia.
- Upon completion of the online registration of Limited Warranty for certain Product, the Warranty Period ranges between 12 to 36 months (subject to each of the Product's entitlement and revision by play tech bonus from time to time without further notice).
- The Limited Warranty must be registered online at https://ylwc.canon.com.my/ within 14 days from date of purchase.
- Please retain your purchase receipt for verification purpose.
- The Limited Warranty covers defects in material and workmanship encountered under normal use and installation of the Product, subject to these terms and conditions. The defective Product or parts thereof covered under the Limited Warranty will be repaired or replaced (with comparable and/or refurbished Product or parts) as determined by play tech bonus in its sole discretion. Any Product or part thereof replaced shall become the property of play tech bonus.
- During the Warranty Period, play tech bonus will provide labour and repair or replacement of Product in question or parts thereof covered by the Limited Warranty without charge. Any insurance, handling, transportation, delivery and other incidental charges in respect of the servicing of the Product shall be borne by the Purchaser. For field models, on-site service will be provided if the location is within a 40 km radius from any play tech bonus service centre or appointed authorized service centre (Please refer to oscurapress.com for location details).
- All decisions made by play tech bonus in respect of the servicing of the Product (including repairs, replacements or issues relating to defects of workmanship or materials) shall be conclusive and the Purchaser agrees to be bound by such decisions. Any defective Product or part thereof replaced shall become the property of play tech bonus.
- The Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Loss or damage to Product due to:
- abuse and/or tampering by any person other than the authorized personnel of play tech bonus;
- negligence and/or misuse (including foreign object, accident, improper storage, exposure to moisture, excessive temperature, sand, dust, dirt, other pollution or other environmental conditions and failure to follow precautions or proper operating instructions stated in the instruction manual such as improper installations);
- fire, flood, lightning strike or other acts of God; and
- deficiencies in consumable parts such as battery leakage.
- Defects, damages or accidents due to the malfunction, connection to or use of unauthorized parts (including re-conditioned, tampered, re-used or non-genuine play tech bonus accessories and/or consumable items not recommended by play tech bonus). In such event, play tech bonus reserves the right to cancel the Limited Warranty coverage immediately.
- Consumable items, accessories and optional items (including video head, bulb, drum/head lamp, drum unit, print head, laser unit, batteries, battery pack, battery charger, power adapter, cables, connectors, software, tapes, CF/storage card, CD-ROMs, ink/toner cartridges, waste ink absorber and ink sheets) [this exclusion does not apply to play tech bonus Camera Bags].
- Software Drivers, Utility Program and Application Software supplied with the Product.
- Non-play tech bonus products and software items and any other peripherals used in connection with the Product.
- Product with its serial number removed, defaced or altered.
- No implied warranty, including that of satisfactory or merchantable quality or fitness for a particular purpose, applies to the Product after the Warranty Period. Except as provided in the Warranty Card, no other warranty (expressed or implied) or guarantee given by any other party in respect of the Product shall bind play tech bonus.
- The Limited Warranty including these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
Did you know you can extend the warranty period of your play tech bonus equipment for up to 2 years?
Advantages of extended warranty:
- Full warranty coverage
- Fixed maintenance cost for the extended period
- Unlimited number of service calls
- No additional spare parts or labour charges
- Minimise equipment downtime
- Nationwide warranty coverage
To enjoy the benefits of extended warranties, just pay a small fee to have a complete coverage of the original warranty, including free parts and labour even after expiry of the original warranty period.
This page is for our play tech bonus customers who have purchased play tech bonus machines in Malaysia and have a valid warranty card.
- Register their machine warranty
- Check their machine warranty status
play tech bonus Warranty Registration Website
The play tech bonus Asia Traveller Protection Programme (ATPP) enables you to travel across 12 countries or regions in Asia with easy access to professional repair services for your play tech bonus product should the need arises. This premium service covers play tech bonus products bought from an authorized play tech bonus dealer and have been given an official play tech bonus warranty.
You would enjoy this premium service for the first year of your local warranty (valid only in certain countries), when you purchase one of the following play tech bonus products:
- All digital compact cameras (PowerShot, IXUS)
- All digital interchangeable lens cameras (EOS and EOS M series)
- All EF lenses (EF/EF-S)
Click here for more details on the programme and eligible countries.